Sunday, April 26, 2009

Good week/ Family at Chosin

Brian and I went to a mixer held by our fiscal sponsor, the Independent Feature Project, earlier this week. They recently moved to a new location in Brooklyn, and held the event to celebrate. We had a chance to shake hands and talk with the staff at IFP. All great people from a great organization. They are a valuable resource for independent filmmakers in New York and we couldn't make this project happen without them. As a bonus, my Dad was in town for the day and came with us to the event. We had a great time, but didn't get too rowdy.

Tomorrow is an exciting day. Brian will be doing a taped inteview with NPR for future broadcast and I am meeting with my great uncle who served in the Marines and fought at Chosin. I had always heard about my grandfather and his three brothers who fought in WW II in the Army and Navy, but nobody had told me that the youngest brother, my great uncle Jack, was a Marine or that he had fought in Korea. When word got around that I was working on this film, one of my mother's cousins filled us in. I was amazed. It made me think again about how Korea has really been "the forgotten war." I can only hope that this film exposes more people to how important this piece of American History truly is, and that we can do right by these veterans by telling their story.

Semper Fi,
Anton

No comments:

Post a Comment