Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Anton Signing On

Hello friends and supporters of the film! This is my first of what I am sure will be many posts. A lot has happened since Brian brought me on to co-produce the film with him in January. In a few short months, we have connected with over sixty veterans of the Chosin Reservoir Campaign and our contact list grows every day. I have been truly honored to work with "The Chosin Few," and their willingness to share their stories with us is humbling. Ever time I meet one of these gentlemen or talk to them over the phone, it feels like I am meeting a long lost relative.

Yesterday, I spoke with Dick Bonelli, a Chosin veteran who served with Fox 2/7. He told me a short strory about he and some other Chosin veterans visiting wounded Marines who had returned from Iraq and Afghanistan. Mr. Bonelli was struck by the mental toughness of our returning warriors-- "if they didn't need to recover, you could have given these guys a helmet and a rifle right there and they would have gone back into the fight." This was coming from a man whose generation paved the way for today's Marine Corps. Marines truly share a mutual respect and brotherhood that transcends generations.

Right now, we are simultaneously preparing for two days of filming in Long Island and a ten-day road trip to Florida in early April. The operational tempo is starting to pick up, and I'm excited about the challenges that lie ahead. Stay tuned.

Semper Fi,

Anton

No comments:

Post a Comment